Pages

Friday, November 13, 2009

A month of Thanks ~ timing

I had no idea when I started these daily "thanks-giving" posts, it would be in the midst of a whole lot of unpleasantness.

My pop-pop died this morning. On top of Heather dying Saturday, and her funeral last night.... I think I'm just kind of numb.

And I have no idea what to be thankful for today.

Pop-pop has been very sick for the last three weeks. I think we all knew this day was coming... but knowledge still doesn't prepare you for the sadness. And for me, the timing.

I guess the one thing that I am thankful for though... is in fact, the timing. Originally, I had wanted to turn around and head back home today, but decided to stay until Friday. So at least I was still here when it happened.

It's not much to be thankful for... but at the moment it's the best I can do.

1 comment:

Canine Crusader said...

It is something to be thankful for. I'm glad you were there too.