Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2009

A month of Thanks ~ in the midst of chaos

It's only 10:00, so technically I'm not late yet on my "thankful" post for today.

It's been quite a bit of chaos this weekend. My other grandparents are in the process of moving from their 4 bedroom, colonial house that they've lived in for the last 40 years to a one bedroom apartment. Before my pop-pop passed away, my parents had already planned to come up for moving day/weekend. Obviously, I hadn't planned on being here for the moving festivities. But pop-pop's funeral isn't until Tuesday, so since I'm here, I got to help too. Not sure how much of a help I've been, but I've been trying to be useful in spite of the lingering general depression from Heather, my pop-pop, and being cranky and grumpy. My grandparents live within an hour of where my pop-pop lived, so we've been bouncing back and forth between my dad's family, and my mom's family. I swore after I moved last month that I wasn't going near another box or moving truck for a very long time. And they say God doesn't have a sense of humor. :)

I'm not sure what exactly I'm thankful for in all of this chaos. Probably just the chance to be here with my family. Even though I wasn't planning on staying for a whole week, I've missed my mom and dad. And I always love the chance to see my aunts, uncles, and cousins. I just wish it wasn't for such a sad reason and crappy circumstances that I'm still here. But I guess finding the good in the midst of the bad is what makes you appreciate it all the more, right?

No comments: