Pages

Friday, November 27, 2009

A month of Thanks- Sarah




Today I'm thankful for Sarah. I love that girl more than I could possibly say. From the moment she was born, she was "my" Sarah. We share the same middle name, Catherine, after our grandmother. I look at her now and can hardly believe that she's already 13. Seems like it was only yesterday I was taking her to the park to feed ducks that were bigger than she was. Now she pretty much can look me in the eye.



Sarah is a free-spirit. She's beautiful, she's funny, and I miss her. She's my beach buddy- she's the one that will get up and walk along the beach with me in the mornings when everyone's still asleep. She helps me look for sand dollars, and doesn't tease me about picking up every little piece I find.

I still laugh at a phone conversation between my mom and Aunt Pat. It was a long time ago- I think I was 18, and Sarah would've been about 5. I forget how the subject came up, but mom said something about me going to a wedding, but it came out sounding like I was going to my own wedding. So Aunt Pat started joking about me getting married. Sarah overheard her and got upset. She said that I couldn't get married because if I got married I wouldn't come play with her anymore.

It's eight years later, and she still seems to think I'm cool, and isn't embarrassed to be seen with me just yet. ;)




No comments: