Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A month of Thanks ~ Terri


Today I'm thankful for my blog friend Terri. I've mentioned her before- she's an amazing artist, and an incredible writer. Her blog, honor yourself, is one of the first stops on my daily reading list. I've never met her in person, or even spoken to her on the phone, but her e-mails have been a source of light in the dark over the last year. As well as her art. I bought a poster from her website. I was actually looking for a gift for a friend, and stumbled across this one. I cried when I read it, because it summed up exactly what I was feeling about my life "post-Emily". I had it framed, and it hangs over my dresser. It reminds me that I do carry a piece of Em wherever I go.

Terri has this incredible knack for knowing exactly what to say. Her e-mails make me think, they make me ponder beyond just the current emotion, and they make me dive deeper into the heart of it.

Her blog this morning was really beautiful. She talked about background noise, and how it can drown out the noises of life we're straining to hear. I can't do justice by just paraphrasing what she said, so you need to read it in it's entirety. The paragraph at the end hit me like a ton of bricks, and it was exactly what I needed to read today.

the noise outside. the noise inside.

Terri- thanks for being the whisper that cuts through the loud noises. I'm thankful for you!

"hopefully it's just like the noise of life.

sometimes you don't notice it.
sometimes you can hear leaves fall and be
moved by the sound. and sometimes you can't
hear anything soft and gentle happening
around you.

it just depends on the day.
and the noise inside you."
~terri st. cloud

No comments: