Pages

Monday, November 9, 2009

A month of Thanks ~ friends that care


Since Saturday, I've had countless calls, text messages, e-mails, and facebook hits from friends. Friends calling to tell me what happened, friends making sure I'd heard the details, and friends expressing their sympathy and love on facebook.

Today I am thankful for each and every one of those people.

Heather's memorial service is Wednesday night. I'm going to get up early that morning and drive back. I hate the thought of that drive... but I feel like I owe it to her memory to go. To honor her, and to say that final goodbye. And I think it will be good to be with those friends that knew her and love her too. Lauren has been such a blessing this weekend through it all.... but it's slightly different because she'd never met Heather.

I'm not in a place yet where I can be thankful for Heather's life, and for all that she was to so many people, and for the impact that I know she's had through her life, and even her death. I know that will come eventually, but for night now- I'm just simply so sad that she's gone.

No comments: