Pages

Friday, November 6, 2009

A month of Thanks ~ convienence

These days of thanks aren't in any specific order of importance, by the way. Just what happens to pop in my mind.

Today I'm thankful that I now live within less than ten minutes of.... everything! Wal-Mart, Petsmart, the grocery store, the mall, the movie theater, Zaxby's (my new favorite fast food place. Which is probably dangerous that it's so close...)

Perhaps that's a silly thing to be thankful for. But as I was going to Petsmart yesterday to pick up some food for my fish, I was thankful that this wouldn't be the normal 45 minute to an hour excursion. When I really started thinking about it, I realized that I don't think I've ever lived this close to convienence. Even when we were in Alabama, everything was a 20 minute drive. Same as living in Greencastle. So this whole being less than ten minutes away is quite a novelty.

I'm sure I'll start to take it for granted eventually. Lauren and Rachel both looked at me like I lost my mind when I was practically giddy about how close Wal-Mart is. What can I say? I don't get out much. :)

No comments: