Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Another letter.....

Okay, another letter came from Hagerstown Community College addressed to Emily yesterday. Oh, I was royally ticked off. (See previous post) Before I could think, I had the phone in my hand and was furiously dialing ready to raise hell with the first person to answer the phone. My saving grace? No one answered. I called six times in a row, no answer. Then I had to go to work at Food Lion, so I had to give up for the day. Someone was watching out for me ( and the poor admissions people too!)

And then… I forgot about it this morning. It just dawned on me a little while ago that I haven’t yelled at anyone today. Aha! The admissions people at HCC! So I picked up the phone, dialed, and got someone from the admissions department. (Different from the last one I talked to.) And here I am ready to rip someone a new one---- and she was the nicest, most sincere, helpful person. Now tell me how do you yell at someone like that? She was so sympathetic when I told her why I was calling, and right away said that obviously, something was wrong somewhere. So she’s apologizing profusely, and asked if she could put me on hold while they figured it out. So she came back on after a few minutes (apologizing that I had to wait) and said they talked to the IT department and Emily is supposed to be removed from every mailing list. (Although if their IT dept is anything like ours, that doesn’t really give me warm fuzzies, but that’s not her fault.) And then she extended her sympathies again.

Doggone it- sometimes I think God does stuff like this to me on purpose, just to teach me a lesson. Ah well, lesson learned.

No comments: