Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Here's your sign....

Okay, so I’m arranging for a freight carrier to come in and pick up some compressors we are shipping to China. I sent the weights and dimensions to the woman making the arrangements: 3 skids, weighing 11,000 pounds, 12 x 4 x 4.

I get an e-mail from this woman, and she tells me that I didn’t specify whether or not the dimensions were in inches or in feet.

Ummm….. okay, it’s 11 THOUSAND pounds. I mean, seriously? What on earth would fit into a 12 inch by 4 inch box and weigh 11 THOUSAND pounds?

People amuse me.

But I politely e-mailed her back and said “It’s in feet.”

Now there’s a sentence you don’t find yourself typing very often…..

hahahahahahaha


I picked up the phone to call Emily and tell her. She always got a kick out of my stupid work stories.
*sigh*

No comments: