Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Passed over.... again.

This is a more toned-down post than what I wrote in my newly-acquired Live Journal (thanks to Ms. Diana :)..... but my boss is a jerk. First class, certifiable, card-carrying memeber of the jerk club. I wish Emily was here to bash my boss with me. She was definitely much better at it than I am. Of course, she used way more four-letter words than I do.

I have been passed over yet AGAIN for a promotion that I deserve. This is the second time in two years. And the kicker is that I have been doing the job for the last four. And not getting paid nearly enough for it. But that's my fault- I let them take advantage of me. Well no more. I'm dusting off the resume and getting out of here as soon as possible. Then maybe after I'm gone they will realize just how much I actually do around here. Arrrggggh!

I HATE being disliked for no reason. I can handle being disliked if I deserve it. 'Cause that usually means I dislike the person anyway. But for some reason, he has taken a dislike to me. And it's not even just me that thinks that- the entire department can tell. So at least I know that it isn't something that I am doing wrong. But it doesn't make it any easier to take. Especially since I consider myself to generally be some-what likeable. :(

So I officially am giving up. It is finally time to move on, after talking about it for the last however many years I've been unhappy here. Emily would be proud of me, I hope. It's goodbye Melissa the doormat and hello Melissa the---- well, I dunno who she is yet. I guess the next adventure is going to be finding her.

No comments: