Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Tissue Alert

Okay, so maybe it's silly- but I bought Emily a birthday card. Two actually- a funny "Happy 21st" and a "Happy Birthday Sister" card.

Every birthday, someone always got the "Prize"- that was the person who found the mushiest card. Whoever made the birthday person cry, was that year's winner. Emily was the ultimate sappy card finder. But the kicker with her, was that every card she found was perfect- not sappy because she wanted to get the "Prize", but sappy because you knew she really meant it. Little stinker.

Well this year, I think I found a card that would have totally had her in tears. And since she can't read it, I have to make someone else cry besides myself. So I'm going to post my card. If you aren't up for tears today... you may not want to read it. But then again, sometimes tears help. A dear friend of mine tells me all the time to laugh when I need to laugh, but to let the tears flow when they need to.

(Front)

Because I have a sister,
I always know if I have food in my teeth
and which jeans look best on my butt
(and definitely which ones don't)!

Because I have a sister,
therapy costs me nothing,
is open at any hour,
and is available on speed-dial.

Because I have a sister,
I never apologize for a mood swing,
say, "I guess you had to be there,"
or shop all by myself.

Because I have a sister,
telling on each other
is now telling everything to each other
(and I mean everything).


(Inside)

Because I have a sister
I'll always know
the warmth of hugs and home.

I am who I am
because I have a sister...
and because it's you.
Happy Birthday



I'll spare you everything I wrote in the card, except this one paragraph.
"Emily, I am who I am because of you. Yes, the good and the bad. Having you as a sister shaped me into who I am today. I miss you everyday. You're in my heart forever."

Happy 21st Emily. This is so not the way this day was supposed to be. But I hope that the party in Heaven is beyond even what your wildest dreams ever were.

Like Diana said... Love Never Dies.

No comments: