Pages

Monday, April 14, 2008

A verse from Isaiah...

"I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you."
~Isaiah 46:4

I read this verse a few months ago, and it really spoke to my heart. At the time I read it, I was having some trouble with my heart- and this verse really helped calm some of my anxieties. I was a promise that God would carry me through my physical issues. (Which turned out to be nothing to be concerned about.)

Now, in light of what's happened with Emily... this verse holds a new promise. A promise that God will sustain me through the grief, the confusion, even the anger that I am sure is coming. And the promise that He will be there to carry me...because right now I think that's the only thing that is keeping me from falling.

I find myself holding it together for the most part. But then something simple... like finding the stuffed dog I gave her when she had her wisdom teeth taken out is enough to bring me to my knees. I'm afraid to let go and cry, because I am afraid once I start I'll never stop... but I'm more of afraid of the day that comes when those things don't make me cry anymore.

No comments: