Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Joy in the midst of sorrow

There was something compelling about her. She was difficult and obstinate, and when she was off her depression medication, she could be very cruel. But that wasn't really Emily... because she was always so apologetic, and she had a heart of gold. She knew when she had been wrong, and she did everything she could to fix it. There were so many times I wanted to give up on her because it was too dang hard and painful.... but I couldn't. Because even though I didn't understand what she was going through, I couldn't give up on her because she was my sister. Because she was the other half of me, and without her I wouldn't be whole. I miss her so much, it hurts to breathe.

Joy in the Midst of Sorrow
by: Melissa Norman


I thought I heard your laughter
I thought I saw you there
I reached out for your hand
But found only emptiness there.

I heard you call my name
I close my eyes and see your face
Now all I have is your memory
and it will never be the same

There's a sorrow deeper than any words
There's an aching deep inside
There's a heart that's raw from weeping
fron the grief I cannot hide.

Yet I have joy in the midst
of all my pain and sorrow
I have God's strength
to make it through tomorrow.

There are glimpses of grace
I see even in all my grief
There is a Comforter who heals
whose pure love brings relief

I have joy in the sorrow
for I know this is not the end
and that even the most broken of hearts
is never beyond what God can mend.

No comments: