Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2008

This weekend

So we went to Levittown this weekend to pick out a marker for Emily's grave. I think that this weekend has been the worst so far. For one thing, the guy at the tombstone store was kind of a jerk. I know that's not technically what you call one of those places, but seriously- that's what it looked like. You walked into this place, and there were tombstones all over the place. You had your choice of colors, sizes, marble or bronze, individual stones, or family stones... it was weird. Plus, like I said, the guy there was not the friendliest of people. I know it's a business, but still- most people who are walking through that door are there because they have lost someone. It certainly wouldn't be high on my list of places to go window-shopping that's for sure. The least he could have done was a simple "I'm sorry for your loss".

But anyway... we decided on one. Emily would hate it. Or maybe I'm just saying that because I hate it. Or maybe it's not really the stone itself that I hate, I just hate the fact that they are putting my little sister's name on it. As far as gravestones go, it's actually nice, if that's a word you can use.

But I still hate it.

1 comment:

mbee said...

oh sweetie.....what an awful job you guys were faced with... i wanted to be there this weekend while you guys were at G & G's house..if for nothing more but moral support...but alas a little thing called life got in the way, and Daniel came down with Strep Throat...When Grandma told me you guys were coming to pick out a grave stone for Emily...Wow...it finally hit home...like I couldn't really believe she was gone until I saw her name carved in stone..like seeing Rebecca's stone..it's so final...You are totally right...this just sucks...I love you sweetie...my heart is aching right along with you... I'm so glad you started this up...i think it will help us all try to make some sense of it all...or at least have a good laugh from time to time in spite of it all...You are in my heart always!!!!
xoxo Mbee xoxo