Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Funny Memory....

I was driving to work this morning, and I remembered a funny Emily story…
About a year ago, or maybe two, Emily was going to a concert with some friends in Philadelphia. She was going to pick up a friend at school on the way- somewhere in Delaware I think. That afternoon, Emily called me at work. Here’s how the conversation played out:

Me: “Good afternoon, this is Melissa”.

Em: “Hi it’s me. I have a really dumb question.”

Me: “I probably have a really dumb answer, what’s up?”

Em: “Okay, I’m on my way to pick up Laura for this concert. I’m on the highway, and there’s three lanes of traffic. Which lane do I need to be in?”

Me: “What do you mean which lane do you need to be in?”

Em: “Well, I’ve never driven on a highway with more than two lanes. Which one should I be driving in?”

Me: “It depends on how fast you are driving…”

Em: (interrupting) “Well, right now I’m in the middle lane and I’m not going very fast at all.”

Me: “why not?”

Em: “Because I’m behind an 18-wheeler and he’s going really slow.”

Me: “Then pass him.”

Em: “I can’t, I don’t know which way he’s turning.”

Me: “what do you mean you don’t know which way he’s turning?”

Em: “He’s got both his turn signals on!!!”

Me: “Emily…”

Very, very long pause while I try my hardest to keep from laughing at her.

Me: “Emily, those are his four way flashers.”

Em: “His what?!”

Me: “His four way flashers! That means he’s going slower than the rest of traffic. You can pass him he’s not turning.”

(a giggle slips out.)

Em: “Are you laughing at me?????”

Me: can’t hold it in anymore and loses it…

Em: “click”

1 comment:

mbee said...

Oh that is so totally Emily!!!! I think I was channeling Emily when this happened...read on...
I was just looking at the slide show...well trying to watch the slide show.. thinking wow how do they expect you to see the pictures when they are so small?? not realizing that you just click on the slide show picture box and Wah La!!! it takes you to the slide show where you can see the pictures bigger!!!! DUH!!!!!! Computer savy I am not if you have'nt already figured that out by now...what a total Blonde moment...I just know Emily is laughing at me !!!! I miss her soooo much!!!! but those are some awsome pictures!!!! precious moments captured in time....thank you !!! thank you!!!! oh and you can stop laughing at me now too!!!