Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Interview time again....

I have a job interview tomorrow morning.

This time the only person I told was Lauren. I wasn't even going to tell her, but since she's the one that let me know about the job, I figured I should at least tell her. Last time I went on an interview, I told everyone- broadcasted it everywhere, and then I ended up not getting it. I'm not superstitious or anything like that, but I thought this time I'd keep it quiet.

The job is a position with DHL. Honestly, I'm not too wild about it. Sounds like they're interviewing a LOT of people. I sent an application on Monday, and by Tuesday they were already calling. They called me three times to try and schedule an interview. And the weird thing is that the position that I am interviewing for is for an Entry Writer. Which is totally not what I applied for, or even listed as an opening on the webiste. I don't even know what an entry writer for DHL is. But I figure it can't hurt to go, and see what it's all about. Who knows, it may be something really interesting. As long as I don't have to work weekends, and as long as the money is good... then we'll go from there. I guess that's one perk of the whole unemployment thing. It gives me a little wiggle room to find the right job, instead of having to take the first thing that comes open. And if nothing else, it's one more interview under my belt. And it gets me out of the house. Lately I feel like I'm just taking up space. *sigh*

So we'll see. I'm not going in with high expectations, so I'm not nearly as nervous as I was before. I have an idea of what I did wrong last time, so hopefully this time around I'll know what not to say. And who knows, this may just turn out to be a great opportunity, in spite of my pessimism. I'm learning that God has a funny way of making things happen in the ways we least expect it.

No comments: