Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Ready for takeoff. Somewhat.

Well it's finally here. I've been so busy being anxious, nervous, and downright terrified of the flight, I've kind of forgotten to get excited about the trip itself. Now that I'm quickly approaching the point of no return, I am starting to get excited. I'm looking forward to seeing some old friends from last year, and can't wait to meet the new ones. I can't wait to see how much progress has been made on Building #8 in a year. And I can already taste the borscht (spelling?) and kielbasa. Breakfast however, I am not looking forward to. I'm a banana and chocolate milk in the morning kind of girl. Lunchmeat and coleslaw at 6:30 in the morning doesn't do much for me. This year I'm prepared with a jar of peanut butter and some pop tarts.

So the anxiety's lessened somewhat.

Somewhat.

I just keep telling myself that by this time tomorrow I'll be there, safe and sound and laughing at myself for being such a giant baby.

Stay tuned!

No comments: