Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Random Sparks

It's funny how random little things will spark a memory.

Facebook has opened a whole new world. I haven't spent this much time on the internet since I was a teenager and ICQ was all the rage. (Does anyone even use that anymore?!) Facebook definitely leaves ICQ in the dust. Photos, updates, links, videos, quizzes (which quite honestly I have no interest in, but they're out there), stickers..... it's mind-boggling really all the things you can do. One of the features is that you can create a "fan" page-- you can pretty much be a fan of everything. People, places, restaurants, toys... and food. I saw one this morning for "Dunakroos". Anyone remember those? They were all the rage in the early 90's. They are little cinnamon graham crackers in the shape of kangaroos, and they come with frosting you dip them in. Vanilla with sprinkles or chocolate. They were our absolute favorites. And surprise, surprise.... the icing was the best part. Mom used to get so irritated because we'd eat the icing and not all the crackers. I laughed this morning. It's the little things like this that make me miss Emily so much more. If she was here, I'd have picked up the phone and called her, "Em do you remember....?!?"
But then again--- if Emily was still here I likely still wouldn't be on facebook and never would have even seen the silly things in the first place.

*sigh*

No comments: