Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2009

A candidate for anger management?

I never realized how many commercials there on TV these days that are related to diabetes. After Emily was diagnosed, I obviously paid more attention when they came on. But it wasn't until after she died that suddenly those commercials were on every five minutes. Ads for glucose meters, test strips, etc. All being hawked by perfectly healthy looking people who made it seem like diabetes was just a slight inconvenience that could be cured by having a color coordinated blood sugar meter.
*sigh*

The latest irritant is a commercial by Bayer.

The commerical bothered me so much I threw a pillow at the TV.

But it wouldn't go away. So I threw another one.

And another one.

When the thought crossed my mind that maybe throwing a remote would make it go away, I realized that there is a distinct possibility that I may slowly be losing my grip on reality.

I could picture myself trying to explain:
"Mom, Dad... your TV has a gaping hole in it because the TV commmerical made me mad"

My parents are very understanding people. I've gotten away with quite alot in my 26 years. But yet, I don't think my being cute and adorable would have gotten me out of that one.

I'll stick to throwing pillows. I have a feeling I'll be seeing those commericals for a good long while.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hi there,my name is Stephanie I just read your comment about your sister on Linny's blog. I am so sorry.I can't even begin to understand how difficult this is for you. I'm up for that Memorial box too, but I pray you get this one. God bless you,