Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Coming and going....

At last night's stewardship/finance meeting, talking about the church website I've taken over:

Margie: "Melissa, how much are your costs for maintaining the website?"

Me: "Oh believe me, you definitely can't afford me!"

*laughter*

A little later on, talking about something they wanted me to bring up at the next church council meeting:

Me: "Oh! No! I don't want to ask that. Last time y'all made me ask something, they all got mad and yelled at me."

Charlie: "Melissa, are you afraid? What happened to that confident, self-assured woman we heard not more than ten minutes ago?"

Me: "Oh that. She comes and goes."

They all cracked up and laughed..... but there's a rather sobering truth in that little revelation.

And lately I think she's been going more than coming....

No comments: